POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... : Re: I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I promised not to mock ...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Apr 2008 16:53:07
Message: <48163933$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

>> (I may mock the developers tho ;) )
>
> Please do. They should be taken out and shot. They give the rest of us a bad
> name.
> I wish people would learn something before they hack together (no pun
> intended) a web site with database. It's so easy to get right, but so many
> people get it so wrong, and this is the result.

Arguably one might blame Microsoft for the whole "hey, computers are
easy now, you don't need to bother learning how to use them properly"
mentallity.

Once upon a time [and it was a LONG time ago], you had to have PhDs to
even understand how to switch on a computer... Obviously, that's a tad
too far in the other direction, but M$ does seem to spend a lot of time
yelling "hey, if you use VB everything will magically work without
effort". It makes people think they don't need to bother learning how to
do things properly.

So, not a technological flaw - more a mentallity issue, if you will...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/